The customization Services increase the benefits originally offered by the SoftExpert systems and raise the adherence level of the customer's process solutions to differentiated levels.
The customizations are developed by highly qualified professionals specialized in SoftExpert systems, and who, better than anyone one else, understand their architecture and running. All this knowledge guarantees security and tranquility in meeting the specific needs of the customer.
Every organization has its peculiarities, which are often the reason for the efficiency of its processes and its market success. The information systems must seek the greatest alignment possible with the company's practices and with its business model, thus it is normal for a one-off customization application to appear at a certain moment. Regarding applications developed for the market, the occurrence of requests to meet specific demands are relatively common.
To offer a product that is embedded with all the business knowledge perfected in hundreds of implementations worldwide and, at the same time, provide an option for instantly meeting the one-off and important needs of adaptation, SoftExpert offers the Application Customization service. A specialized technical team which knows every detail of the SoftExpert systems performs the changes demanded by the customer's process. Many of these changes represent high added value for the product as a whole, but cannot wait for the release of a new software version.
Using tools developed in alignment with the most up to date technologies, activities such as the addition of fields, screens, buttons for triggering external actions, new menu options, among others, are performed quickly and within the highest degree of stability.
- Flexibility in meeting new demands.
- Immediate delivery of customized requests which would normally have to wait for a new product version.
- Adaptation of system to adhere to the customer's business processes and model.
- Compile customized technical specification to be developed (evaluate force, impact, options, etc.).
- Implement the specified customizations in the system.
- Make the customizations performed available in the customer's environment.
- Validate the customizations in the customer's test environment and production.
- Train the customer in using the customized items.
- Technical specification of the items to be customized.
- Source files created to meet customer's request.
- Documentation to explain the customization performed.
- Customizations installed in the customer's environment.
In certain scenarios, automated migration of the legacy system data to the new application could be an attractive option. This activity speeds up the implementation process considerably, dispensing with the slow and often error prone job of typing.
The main aim of the data migration process is to bring data from systems which will be deactivated or from complementary systems to the new application. Tools specialized in the extraction, transformation and loading of data (ETL) are used, resulting in process productivity, precision and quality.
The availability of complete documentation regarding the structure and method of access to source data is of vital importance. Based on this documentation, a migration plan is defined containing the mapping for FROM/TO fields, way of data access, volumes, etc. The better the existing documentation of source data, the more productive and predictable the migration process will be.
In certain cases it may be necessary to develop a data migration pre-project (see the SCO105 service-Pre-Project for Data Migration). Everything will depend on the degree of complexity of the process and documentation available in relation to the source data structure.
In an already institutionalized organizational process, there are stratifications or even documents whose use has already been consolidated. Any change to the current model can result in an extra effort for users, and this is not exactly what is expected in the implementation of a new system. However great the degree of software maturity, it is perfectly normal for specific and particular needs to arise in the process of any customer. In these cases, SoftExpert offers the Report Customization service.
Using report customization resources from the system itself and tools from the Jasper Reports platform, we are providing the customer with a rich variety of options for presenting their data in a format suitable for their needs.
In addition to all the technological resources available, the SoftExpert team of technical consultants is also a differential. These professionals are expert in the architecture of the SoftExpert applications, thus ensuring assertiveness in the search for information and the best performance for their reports.
- Full adhesion to the presentation of system data to the customer's business processes.
- Guarantee of optimized performance.
- Reports developed by experts in application.
- Reports with customer's visual identity.
- Compiling the technical specifications of reports, containing layout prototypes, FROM/TO data mapping and other relevant information (target public, order, record selection criteria, grouping, totals, etc.).
- Report development according to specifications approved by customer.
- Availability of report in customer's environment.
- Technical specifications of reports.
- Reports available in customer's environment.
- Report source files.
- Services executed documents.
Development of SE BI Analysis Panels
As an addition to the SE Suite native management components, differentiated visions and stratifications can be implemented using the SE Suite OLAP analysis tool, Business Intelligence (SE BI). The SE BI is a powerful tool for extracting data, with various resources for presentation and formatting.
By default, SoftExpert already provides analysis panels containing the main data of its components, however, additional needs may occur. Specific visions, data relations and dashboards in particular, can be worked based on the creation of new cubes, providing a diversified range of support tools for the organization's management.
- OLAP data relationship.
- Increase in the organization's data vision options.
- Graphic analysis and on-line data management, acting as an important tool for supporting management and decision making.
- Compiling of technical specifications required by the customer.
- Mapping of data to be stratified.
- Development of analysis panel according to specification approved by the customer.
- Implementation of analysis panel in customer's environment.
- Technical specification for analysis panel.
- Analysis panel available in customer's environment.
- Analysis panel source files.
- Services executed document.
Development of Database Scripts
There are situations in which a vast amount of data may require manipulation (including a record lot, duplications, exclusions, alterations, etc.). In addition to the volume of data involved, it is often necessary to alter information which is not available for alteration through the system screens (those called control fields), or the number of records involved, though small, but these are distributed in various tables among each other, demanding firm transactional control to guarantee data consistency. These needs are normal and result in the evolution of processes within the organization.
With the objective of solving these questions quickly and reliably, SoftExpert provides the Development of Database Scripts service. Qualified professionals who know each detail of the SoftExpert applications develop scripts in the SQL standard that guarantee speed and integrity in the manipulation of their data.
- Performed by expert professionals – greater security.
- Fast execution and the guarantee of data integrity.
- Users released for tasks that add more value to their business.
- The maintaining of a lean database aligned with its processes.
- Compiling of technical specifications for maintenance to be performed, detailing rules of business to be considered (criteria for record selection, fields to alter, etc.).
- Script development.
- Script execution in customer's database (test and production environments).
- Verification of result reached X result planned.
- Technical specification for alteration to be performed.
- Script with database commands.
- Executed services document.